[ English / Japanese ]
Dr. Hitoshi MATSUMOTO
Laboratory of Materials Development,
Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering,
National Defense Academy,
1-10-20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka 239-8686, JAPAN.
EDUCATIONBachelor of Science, KWANSEI-GAKUIN University,1976
thesis:"Tricritical point of dipole-mixed crystal system and critical exponent".
Master of Science, KOBE University,1978
thesis:"Electron Spin Resonance of Cesium Titanium Alum".
Dr.of Science, TOKYO INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY,1992
and Shock Compression Effect of NiTi".
Thermodynamics, Materials Strength, Environmental Materials, Materials Development, Electrical Theory, Solid State Physics, Functional Materials, Materials Processing, Materials Science and Engineering, Functional Metallic Materials, Materials Invension, Special Issue of Metals, Experiments Measuring Physical Properties and Sample Preparation.
- experiment and phenomenological approach on solid-solid transitions such
as a displacement type phase transition.
- experiment and numerical analysis on shock wave generated by high-velocity
impact and application of shock high-pressure.
- analysis of dynamic Jahn-Teller effect for transition metal ion (3d
electron) in an insulator.
- high-temperature reaction : high-temperature oxidation of intermetallic
compounds, synthesis of double oxide by a convenient method, thermal
- experiment on nonequilibrium state of rapidly solidified materials and
- method for measuring thermal, ultrasonic, electrical and mechanical
properties, and for preparation of intermetallic compounds, nonequilibrium
materials, refractory materials.
- "Lattice constant, elastic modulus and electrical resistivity of Ni50Ti50-xAlx", J.Less-Common Met.,153 (1989) 57-63.
- "Detection of anomalous properties in a premartensitic phenomenon of NiTi enhanced by addition of aluminum", Physica B, 160 (1989) 138-142.
- "Transformation behaviour of NiTi in relation to thermal cycling and deformation", Physica B, 190
- "Variation in transformation hysteresis in pure cobalt with transformation cycles", J.Alloys and Compounds,223 (1995) L1-L3.
- "Analysis of shock wave propagation during the shock compaction process of metal powder", J.Japan Inst.Metals,53 (1989) 134-142.
- "Various microstructures suggesting possible shock compaction mechanisms"J.Mater.Sci. 24 (1989)
- "Penetration behaviour of a copper projectile into aluminum alloy on impact",J.Mater.Sci.Lett. 9
- "Analysis of state compressed by a plane shock wave",J.Japanese Soc. for Strength and Fracture of Materials, 32 (1998) 81-90.
- "Estimation of Shock-compressed region by analysis of propagation of shock wave and rarefaction wave", J. Jpn. Soc. for Strength and Fracture of Materials, 33 (1999) 17-24.
- "Two-stage Transformation of Aluminum-containing NiTi", Physica B, 322 (2002) 24-30.
- "Electrical Resistivity Study on Transformation of NiTi Alloys", J.Japan Inst. Metals, 66 (2002)
- "Transformation Behaviour with Thermal cycling in NiTi Alloys", J.Alloys and Compounds, 350 (2003)
- "Effects of Transformation-induced Defects in Co and Ni48Ti52", Physica B, 334 (2003) 112-117.
- "Research of Materials with Same Shock Impedance and High-Velocity-Impact Experiment", Journal of the JRICu, 42 (2003) 98-103.
- "Martensitic Transformation of Titanium-Rich NiTi Prepared by Rapid Solidification", J.of the Society of Materials Science Japan, 52 (2003) 1180-1185.
- "Enhancement of a Peak in Electrical Resistivity of NiTi Alloy in Early Stage of Transformation cycles", J.Alloys and Compounds, 364 (2004) 132-136.
- "Characterization of Transformation Behavior in NiTi(Si)", J.Alloys and Compounds, 366 (2004)
- "Irreversibility in Transformation Bahevior of Equiatomic Nickel-Titanium Alloy by Electrical Resistivity Measurement", J.Alloys and Comounds, 368 (2004) 182-186.
- "Electrical Resistivity of NiTi with High Transformation Temperature", J.Alloys and Compounds, 370 (2004) 244-248.
- "Phase Transformation Brhavior of Ti-rich NiTi Alloy by a calorimetric method", J.Mater.Sci., 39 (2004)
- "Transformation Behavior in rolled NiTi", J.Alloys and Compounds, 381 (2004) 158-161.
- "Effects of Shock Compression on Powder Mixtures of Nickel and Boron", J.Alloys and Compounds, 396 (2005) 133-138.
- "Effect of Aluminum Addition on the Transformation of NiTi Alloy", J.Alloys and Compounds, 396 (2005) 193-196.
- "Transformation Behavior of Shock-compressed Ni48Ti52", J.Alloys and Compounds, 400 (2005) 92-95.
- "Characteristics of a Bulk BPSCCO Magnetic Sensor Constructed by the Shock Compaction Method: Effect of the Shock Compaction Pressure on Magnetic Sensitivity", IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconductivity, 18 (2008) 1573-.
articles published, Dec. 2004.
Department of Materials Science and Engineering,
National Defense Academy
Last Modified: May 17, 2010